- What are we referring to when we talk about ‘air pollution’?
- The health impacts of poor air quality
- How much better are they than the rest - EV emissions vs. petrol, diesel, LNG.
- Current and projected market share
- The barriers to being taken to scale (inadequate charging infrastructure, Electric Drivetrains are unsuitable for HGVs, price, etc)
Conclusion – they are a large part of the solution but technological innovation needs to be accompanied with policy innovation that:
- Incentivises EV and removes incentives for diesel
- Drives increased efficiency in the transport of goods through existing vehicles (the average LGV in London has 30% of their load capacity at any given time)
- Delivers a national network of Clean Air zones
Interactive discussion with slides, followed by audience debate.
There is increasing disquiet in the solar industry about cold calls to domestic owners of solar PV installations, wrongly telling them their solar installer has gone out of business, their inverter is out of warranty and they could lose Feed in Tariff payments. The callers sometimes pose as the manufacturer of the equipment which they say will increase energy yield by ‘up to 25%’. This panel will ask whether this is something that the industry should address, and look at what could be done to protect consumers and the reputation of the industry.
What’s been uncovered and what’s happening?
What’s the real likely lifespan of your inverters and what difference would exchanging them really make?