- What are we referring to when we talk about ‘air pollution’?
- The health impacts of poor air quality
- How much better are they than the rest - EV emissions vs. petrol, diesel, LNG.
- Current and projected market share
- The barriers to being taken to scale (inadequate charging infrastructure, Electric Drivetrains are unsuitable for HGVs, price, etc)
Conclusion – they are a large part of the solution but technological innovation needs to be accompanied with policy innovation that:
- Incentivises EV and removes incentives for diesel
- Drives increased efficiency in the transport of goods through existing vehicles (the average LGV in London has 30% of their load capacity at any given time)
- Delivers a national network of Clean Air zones